I've decided to add another piece of criteria to my list of must haves for a husband. He must have a name that sounds like a guys name, and not like one of my friends,a fictional TV junkyard or a self-defense weapon.
This week eharmony paired me with "Dana", "Sanford" and "Mace". I don't want to date a Mace? What kind of person does that to a kid? And saying "Let me introduce you to my husband...Mace" screams of a future of frozen banana daiquiris and quiche parties. I am not a banana daiquiri kinda girl.
So, I sent quick little icebreaker "hi's" to three other matches. Eharmony makes you use their pre-generated sentence to communicate with your matches. And I hoped that "Just thought I would say hi" was less desperate and cat lady crazy than "It seems we live close by...let's chat!" Almost like I had been driving aroudn his house lookign for opportunities to break in, eat his doritos, check his Internet history and roll around on his Hunter green Nate Burkus sheets. Hm...
I did get one rejection back. He didn't think we had "chemistry". Again..the words of eharmony. But, how do you have chemistry with a photo? Is he used to having chemistry with a photo? And if so, what kind of photos has he been looking at?
Or was it my "hi" ? Should I have told him his "profile brings a smile to my face" . It's not like he was holding a basket of puppies, while digging a well in a third world country to provide clean drinking water.
So, no action yet. This may be tougher than I thought. In my mind...by this time in the week I should have already made reservations for the all inclusive resort where I was finally going to get my dream on being married on the beach in jean cut-offs and a white t-shirt while a choir of local children sing "Brickhouse" as I walk down the sand dune. A girl can only dream.....
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment