Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hi, My name is......


I think I am pretty well thought of as someone who is outside the box. Not necessarily someone who thinks outside the box, but instead stands outside the box eating an ice cream cone. A free spirit of sorts, flaky, or a wackjob is what I heard the purple stiff shirted orange haired lady on the playground say tonight. There's a visual for you...

In the spirit of being outside the box, I would like to propose that all single people wear name tags stating such, anytime they venture outside their homes.
If we had name tags, we would know who was single, and who wasn't. It frankly would alleviate alot of pain, confusion, awkwardness, and really cut down any need for online dating websites.

So,if I see someone with a name tag who I think is attractive, non-smelly and driving a vehicle on my list of approved vehicles...I could give them "the look" and maybe slip them my business card. I think it's a brilliant idea. I'm really leaning toward the more traditional name tag...you know "Hi, my name is....". Nothing fancy, but some way to distinguish ourselves in a crowd. oh, I know some people will want flashy, swarovski crystal, NFL team logo name tags...and that's a fine idea. But, can't it just be simple? Give me sticky paper from Staples..and I'm good.

Tonight was Art Show night at the elementary school...what a perfect opportunity to pick up a single dad, but without having connections, who knows who they are???
Name tags are the answer to the problem...it could become a single parent movement across the nation. Name tags everywhere...from sea to shining sea. From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters....NAME TAGS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised no one has thought of this yet...it's the answer to it all!!!!
Single people will chant my name, I'll be on the Today Show (love you Al R.). I may even book Oprah. And even better I'll find Mr. Not So Annoying without ever having to venture into a bar. Not that I have ANYTHING against a bar.

Watch out world...the Single Name tag Solution is on it's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment