At the prompting of a co-worker, and having been left high and dry by eharmony...I decided to venture out. I just signed up for Plentyoffish.com. It's a free dating website, and has the meat market feel about it.
Ok, let's be honest it has a greasy, meat market feel about it. I always assumed that a better quality of man wold pay for online dating, so the free thing kinda goes against my master plan.
So, I signed up...and within 5 minutes I had two messages, and by morning I had 4 messages. Now, granted they weren't great messages, but some action. Finally.
I attract 50 yr. old biker dudes...at least that has been my experience. But, this group is more like a bucket of chum. Here are some examples of headlines on profiles, and information that my matches have listed. SPelling has NOT been changed to protect the moronic.
At this rate I may not find Mr. Not So Annoying until check in at the Nursing home...
I'm not even sure what this one means???:
"looking for love.trgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrgtrg "
"Define the moment. before it define's U"
"looking for a good woman
i like hunting, would like to have another house and bmw with in the next year.im not unique im me take it or piss off dont need aggrivation.i metal and death metal also old school zepp. greatful dead "
"My friends bust on me saying that I should be gay. I just love women too much, though. I used to be good looking, but too much booze in the 80's and too many strippers in the 90's left my looking like Jay from Jay and Silent Bob just 20 years later. I don't drink and haven't for over 20 years, don't do drugs, but I do smoke (very well I might say). I'm very artsy and I'm a thinker (uh-oh), but I disguise myself as a "regular dude" being a trucker and a biker and dressing like Wal Mart puked all over me. "
"I'm some what hi energy, used to getting up between 4 n 6 in the morning during the week, n usally can't sleep in past 7 or 8 on the weekends; unless I'm cuddling. MY ASS IS STAYING IN BED THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL I love to cuddle, n passionate kisses. By the way if u can't kiss n cuddle, it most likely won't work; n there will be a pre-sex test on the cuddling n kissing by the way!!!!! LOL Lets see what else?? "
"Alarmingly handsome dude looking for a fun gal to hang with. My qualifications include years of sexy service in the society of gorgeous gals from all throughout the interstellar void! "
After reading these, I may not ever date. And they profiles ALMOST make my ex-husband look like a greek god. This is what I have to work with...I'll keep you posted if anyone normal shows up. And when did I become a weirdo magnet? Why does this have to be so hard???
: )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment