How exactly do you hit on a guy while you are at the gas pump pumping gas? Because this cute guy pulled up next to me at the gas station. And the only things I could think of saying had something to do with gas, hoses and pumps. Not exactly the kind of conversation starters I want to go with.
Anyway...I decided to jot down some things that I am looking for in a guy, or really not looking for in a guy. Just because some friends at work think I may be a tad picky. Although I would liek to point out that the whole reason I am divorced, is because I wasn't picky enough.
Plus, let's face it...aren't second marriages supposed to make up for the first one. You know...learn from our mistakes, yada, yada, yada. Aren't they supposed to be more fun? Or is that the 3rd one?
So, in order to focus my search more, I need to determine what it is that I am looking for, or not looking for in a man.
1. Likes kids...but doesn't "like" kids.
2. Can hook up a DVD player to the TV without using a manual or using the f-word.
3. Diet consists of more than just frozen bean burritos and Funions.
4. Has never seen an episode of Sex & The City.
5. Does not pick up aluminum cans on the side of the road to earn extra cash.
6. Understands that 401K is not how much last nights mega millions jackpot paid out to the convenience store clerk in Hoboken.
7. Does not sleep on the same pair of sheets he slept on in college.
8. Does not use the word "pork" as a verb.
9. Has a savings account not based on how much change he pulls out of the sofa on a weekly basis.
10. Dresses nicely (i.e. no elastic waist band pants, or clip on ties)
11. Preferably owns at least one Apple product, and I mean Steve Jobs Apple...not an apple blanket his mom made him in the first grade.
12. Can pass a statewide background check, MVR, education and employment check...with full income verification and rehire status.
13. Works.
14. Speak in coherent sentences.
15. Bathes.
16. Owns a car that has seats in all of the places that were meant to have seats.
17. Favorite sport something other than lawnmower racing.
18. Ties own shoes.
19. Did not dress up as Lady Gaga for Halloween.
20. Has more than 3 teeth.
That's not very picky...if anything. I think it's rather open-minded. Although, when you think that I wrote this list wearing a New Moon t-shirt, and did in fact dig through the couch cushions for change this morning...I may be a little picky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment