So...I turned 40 last week. This might create hysterical crying, midlife crisising and Ben & Jerry eating in a lesser woman, but I am full prepared to embrace my 40's. At least I was fully prepared until I started getting winks from 60 year old men on Match.com.
I had a hard enough time dealing with 50 year old men telling me that I looked like I had a nice disposition, now that I have moved up a demographic bracket...apparently I appeal to the 60's set. Look, no offense...but I am not quite ready to date someone who uses Metamucil in his gin & tonic...or who needs to talk about a prostate problem.
Sure, you may say "what about love?" Love has no age...yada, yada...whatever. I'm not talking love here, I am just talking about dating. Dating has nothing to do with love. If it did, The Bachelor wouldn't get nearly the ratings.
Dating action has been light lately. The stockbroker came back into the picture. Not really, but he sort of asked me out again. But, considering the last time we went out was over two months ago, and he has randomly canceled on me since...not really holding out hope on this one. Sure, he was nice...fun to be around and could actually kiss..but a nice kiss in a bar parking lot doesn't make for a relationship..or even the beginning of a potentially bad relationship. It doesn't make for much, except a check mark next to his name denoting yet another emotionally unavailable man.
I did start talking to a new guy...Mr. Postman. But, here is the problem with Mr. Postman...he uses the word, well "word" way too often in conversation.
Example...Me: "Hey, I'm on my way home, text you later", Him: "word!"
Me: "How ya doing?", Him: "word"
Him; "what do you do?, Me: "I'm in HR", Him: "word"
Seriously, who does this guy think he is, Hammer? Mr. Postman also asked me for job after he found out I was in HR, and told me that texting was for lazy people. Of course, he texted me that statement.
So...next we have the airline pilot. We have talked on the phone...and he is flying here the end of the month to see me. Gotta love a first date where the guys flies in to see you. Makes the rest of the schmucks seem a little bit like underachievers. Not sure what will happen with the airline pilot...maybe nothing. But, he gets an A for effort. If he actually shows up. He still has some emotionally unavailable man like tendencies, so as always I remain cautiously optimistic. Basically cautiously optimistic in my world means that I will shave my legs and wear the good underwear, but won't starting writing his name with little hearts in my notebook just yet.
For right now, that is about all I have going on...good stuff, right? Up in next weeks blog...we discuss why Valentine's Day should be renamed Singles Awareness Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Relax, an airline pilot is no better than a bus driver!
ReplyDelete