Over the weekend at a Memorial Day parade, I almost threw myself at a Marine. Only problem was that he was driving a huge camouflaged vehicle and I was sitting in a lawn chair in front of a funeral home, with a bag of candy on my lap. Not to mention that this particular lawn chair had molded VERY nicely to my butt...making a running jump into the HUGE truck almost impossible. And, frankly I'm not sure how the Marine Corps feels about chubby single mothers jumping into their vehicles. I should probably admit at this point that I have a thing for guys in uniform...well, unless it is a mall cop uniform or those green things they wear at Krispy Kreme. There is something about a military man, cop, state trooper or fireman that floats my boat.
But, this Marine said hi to me...across the crowded street, in the midst of the band playing, and children scampering for tootsie rolls. He said hi to me. And he was hot. And I watched him drive away...not sure etiquette for contacting hot Marines in parades. But why do I feel like my destiny drove away in an Oshkosh Mk25 Cargo Truck.
With this latest turn of events, and communication on eharmony at rock bottom, it's hard not to take the failure of the husband search personally. I've tried contacting interesting men on plentyoffish, and the new site okcupid...but the action really isn't there. I really only attract weirdos. I'm beginning to wonder if the rumors are true...there are no good men left. The search is still on for speed dating, but I have to admit...I'm not sure I feel like speed dating. I'm trying not to pin my whole self esteem on a few short sentences of conversation with a picture of a guy on my monitor...but it's hard not to.
But, enough of the whining...bottom line is that it has taken me 38 years to figure out that I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself, and that the man in my life doesn't define me. So, I will continue to hold out for Mr. Not So Annoying...where ever he might be. Because there are some real stinkers out there, and don't need them in my life.
So, in honor of knowing who isn't right for me...I present candidates for The REAL Mr. Annoying!
More comments from real life profiles.
I’m really good at imitating Smeagol/Gollum from the Lord of the Rings movies
I'm the Captain(Pres.) of the Sci-Fi club I belong to. I also "wave a lightsaber" around
I like to chat with people of Asian countries
Wild women r great, n make the world go round; foolish women r crazy, n need to stay away from me (shudder! shudder! shudder!).
Sorry I'm dating someone right now, so even though it says I'm available I am not. I am keeping this site in case things do not work, just in case
I dabble in many things. I've taken up contact juggling and I'm learning how to make balloon animals.
I'm just looking around on this site. My friend rita introduced me to this site.
I believe that spirits exist and that we of this life can interact with them. I believe in premonitions and in hauntings as well. Sometimes I know what another person is thinking, seeing, or doing. I can not control it to the point where I could make money as a medium or whatever.
So, there you go kids...the reason I am ready to join the convent. But, before I put a down payment on my Habit...if anyone sees a hot Marine driving around in a Cargo Truck, tell him Julie says hi back, and make sure to give him my email address.
God Bless America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment