Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Brext it Up!!!!

You know what pairs nicely with Brexting? (breakup by text) 100 proof Peppermint Schnapps. Or Tequila. Or Boones Farm Strawberry Hills. Or Maddog 20/20. Or Bitch Wine. Naked Wine, not so much. Or nakedness. Or Streaking....maybe. Ohhh....Polar Vortex and stuff. AHHHH.....chilly. And shrinkage. Not mine. Cold just makes me think of shrinkage. Ok, I think I am done. Sorry, for the stream of consciousness. I haven't made to the 2nd stage of Breakup. Ice Cream. I am still heavily enscounced (is that a word?) in alcohol and fried foods. If there was a chick-fil-a near my house, I would totally be up in some nuggets right now. Instead, I made my own nuggets tonight. Let's just say, that me, break up, schnapps and hot oil probably don't mix. But, don't worry Grandma. The fire truck in the neighborhood was not here for me this time!!! So, the topic of my little rant this evening is breaking up. It's so hard to do. After like a 1 year 1/2, I told the boy I was done. Via text. Which, may or may not make me a loser. But, let's be honest....Brexting is easier, less messy. Why do I want to break up with someone in my house, or at Applebees? Cuz, then there is crying and probably some sort of begging. It's just awardness over a Spinach & Artichoke dip. And I don't like when my chips are soggy. I don't think I am going to go into why I broke up, because in the weird little alternate universe I live in, I do love the guy. But, as I have said for years, had screen printed on a purple baseball t-shirt and smelly marker'd on a poster board in my room...Love Does Not Make the World Go 'Round. Cynical...yes. Jaded...definitely. A little sad...Oh, Hells Yes. But, despite how much you love someone, if you have really significant differing opinions on values, the world, outlook and how to be happy....it ain't gonna work. There has to be common ground. And thinking that my career is making Mad Cash to JUST go to meetings, is not common ground. Thinking I am materistic because I want a phone that does more than a rotary dial, is not common ground...just sayin. And constantly telling me that I am too good to date you...isn't so much an issue of common ground, as it is just dumb. I am sad. It's a sad day. But, this too shall pass. Luckily, I am a well seasoned woman in her 40's, who has been through the emotional manipulation, and crying games. I've come out on the other side, and frankly, I just don't have time for any kind of bullshit any longer. If you have self esteem issues, get over it. If you had a rough divorce, get over it. If you are lonely, get over it. If you are unhappy, get happy and get over it. Live is too freakin short to wallow in one emotional crisis after another. I was a drama queen in my 20's. THAT'S WHAT YOUR 20's ARE FOR!!!! Well, that and dancing on speakers, and having meaningless sex. Not, that I would know. But, you know what I mean. Life is too short to be unhappy. And unfortunately, that also means life is too shot to be around unhappy people. Ok, peeps....go make a snow man and stuff. Stay warm. Enjoy life. Even if for one night. Enjoy life. Because, that's what it is here for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment