Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let's get it started

Wow...so all it took was to stop thinking, and some Riesling to get this party started. I have action. Yes, folks. Action. No, get your minds out the gutter. I have email action. And I may or may not have been asked out on a date. There is some ambiguity around that...part of the side effects from NOT thinking.

I joined Match.com sometime last week, or the week before. I was really holding out on doing this because of the "incident" with the psycho from Tyco and the "dude", who may or may not have been a woman. Both of whom I met from Match. This is clearly a story for another time.

So, wasn't feeling the Match.com love. But, I decided to try again. Forget over analyzing everything. I went for it. And, I have had a legitimate conversation with a real guy. Well, at least I think he is a guy...and so far, I feel good about it. Actually, it was about two hours on instant messenger...but that counts as a conversation right? We talked more on instant messenger than I did with my ex-husband the entire last year of our marriage...unless you count that night I forgot who he was.

Not sure what next steps are with this guy...I guess we'll see, and I'll keep you posted. But, I think I am excited, freaked out and possibly even a little bloated.

And in the middle of my instant message conversation last night...I got ANOTHER email from another guy. Looked kinda cute...seemed fairly normal. And then he went there. And yes, I mean there. Here have a look.

Hi Julie,

I like the cool weather.. it will make for nice sleeping tonight. :)
Are you in your PJs for the night?

2 comments:

  1. Bloated! Funny! I think the guy above got a little ahead of himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like maybe he was looking to get paid lol. I love your posts. Tonight I went out with my friend and she is in trainer shape and had a few dropped chins from some college guys. It was hilarious and she said that she never knew she had the power until she was older and married. Looks like you are ahead of the game. Kelli DD

    ReplyDelete